Budapest has launched a new discount card targeted at tourists visiting the city after Covid-19. It offers unlimited public transport in the city and discounted entry to multiple attractions.
- What is the 'Restart Budapest Card'?
- What's included with the Restart Budapest Card?
- How much does the card cost?
- How do I buy the card?
- Where do I pickup the card?
- Who can I contact for more information?
What is the 'Restart Budapest Card'?
Launched in Jun 2021, it forms part of Budapest's efforts to attract back tourists to the city after Covid.
It's aimed at making a trip to Budapest cheaper by giving free public transport usage, free or discounted access to many of the cities top tourist attractions and various other discounts and offers.
What's included with the Restart Budapest Card?
The full benefits are covered here, but some highlights include:
- Free access to many Budpest museums.
- Free access to many Budapest thermal water spas.
- 15% discount on airport minibus transfer.
- 48 hours of free public transport usage in Budapest.
- 20% discount car rental from Budapest
- 20% discount on the hop on hop off bus tour in Budapest
How much does the card cost?
The price is 11,490 HUF (around $40 as of Jun 2021).
It has an estimated usage value of 70-80,000 HUF.
How do I buy the card?
You can buy the card online or in person at one of the card pickup points.
Where do I pickup the card?
On arrival to Budapest, this is where you can pickup your Restart Budapest Card:
- Liszt Ferenc International Airport Terminal 2A
- Liszt Ferenc International Airport Terminal 2B
Opening hours: 08:00 - 22:00
Scheduled opening on July 1, 2021
Opening hours: 09:00 - 21:00
- City Hall Park - Hütte
Opening: July 3, 2021
Opening hours: 10:00 to 20:00
- Deák Ferenc tér
Scheduled to open on October 1, 2021.
Opening hours: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Who can I contact for more information?
The customer service email is: email@example.com