Published: December 08 2023
Meet Ahmad Tabche, a highly motivated restaurateur with over 5 years of experience in high-traffic establishments. He is passionate about delivering exceptional dining experiences to every customer and has successfully grown a 40-seat restaurant to a 150-seat restaurant within 4 years. In this article, we will get to know more about Ahmad and his journey as a restaurateur in Budapest.
Moving to Hungary and Business Opportunities
Ahmad first visited Hungary in 2007 and made the decision to move to Budapest in 2008. One of the things that surprised him the most about Hungary is its rich history, culture, and abundance of business opportunities.
Must-See Places in Budapest
If you have friends visiting Budapest for the weekend, Ahmad recommends visiting the local markets, taking a walk in Margit sziget during spring, and experiencing the thermal spas and Christmas markets during winter.
Ahmad's Favorites and Interests
When it comes to Hungarian food, Ahmad's favorite dish is Lecsó. Despite being lactose intolerant, cheese is something that is never missing from his refrigerator. His favorite Hungarian word is "Köszönöm" which he finds to be classy and elegant when pronounced. Ahmad is interested in pursuing a career in sales and marketing and has a strong aversion towards any job related to finance.
Personal Life and Future Plans
Outside of his career, Ahmad enjoys traveling and recently spent his vacation in Sydney, Australia. His next holiday destination is Florida, USA, where he plans to spend Christmas. Ahmad is passionate about good food, and as a teenager, he was an avid basketball player and even played for the national team of Lebanon. He prefers white wine over red as the latter tends to make him sleepy. Ahmad is a morning person and feels strongly about social issues such as discrimination and racism. When it comes to choosing between Buda and Pest, he prefers Buda for living and Pest for work. Ahmad's personal motto is "Don't let anyone get into your mind with dirty feet!"
Questions & Answers
1. When did Ahmad Tabche arrive in Hungary and what brought him here? Ahmad Tabche first visited Hungary in 2007 and moved to Budapest in 2008.
2. Has Ahmad Tabche ever been an expatriate elsewhere? No, but he has resided short-term in countries like Jordan, Syria, and Qatar.
3. What surprised Ahmad Tabche most about Hungary? He was surprised by the rich history, culture, and business opportunities in the country.
4. What are the must-see and must-do things for friends visiting Budapest for the weekend according to Ahmad Tabche? According to Ahmad Tabche, friends visiting Budapest for the weekend must visit the local markets, have a walk in Margit sziget in spring, and enjoy thermal spas, mild wine, and Christmas markets in winter.
5. What is Ahmad Tabche's favorite Hungarian food? His favorite Hungarian food is Lecsó.
6. What is never missing from Ahmad Tabche's refrigerator? Cheese, even though he is lactose intolerant.
7. What is Ahmad Tabche's favorite Hungarian word? His favorite Hungarian word is "Köszönöm," which he finds to be elegant and classy when pronounced.
8. What does Ahmad Tabche miss the most from home? Ahmad Tabche misses his family, particularly his siblings, the most.
9. What career other than being a restaurateur would Ahmad Tabche love to pursue? Ahmad Tabche would love to pursue a career in sales and marketing.
10. What job would Ahmad Tabche definitely never want? Any job related to Finance is something Ahmad Tabche would definitely never want.
11. Where did Ahmad Tabche spend his last vacation? Ahmad Tabche spent his last vacation in Sydney, Australia.
12. Where does Ahmad Tabche hope to spend his next holiday? Ahmad Tabche hopes to spend his next holiday in Florida, USA, for Christmas.
13. Apart from temptation, what can't Ahmad Tabche resist? Ahmad Tabche can't resist good food.
14. What was Ahmad Tabche's favorite band, film, or hobby as a teen? As a teen, Ahmad Tabche's favorite hobby was basketball, and he used to play with the national team of Lebanon.
15. Red or white? Ahmad Tabche prefers white wine because red wine makes him sleepy.
16. Books or films? Ahmad Tabche prefers films over books.
17. Is Ahmad Tabche a morning person or a night person? Ahmad Tabche is a morning person.
18. Which social issue does Ahmad Tabche feel most strongly about? Ahmad Tabche feels most strongly about discrimination and racism.
19. Buda or Pest? Ahmad Tabche prefers Buda for living and Pest for work.
20. What is Ahmad Tabche's personal motto? Ahmad Tabche's personal motto is "Don't let anyone get into your mind with dirty feet!"