Published: March 24 2023
Saving money in a health savings account (HSA), also known as Egészségpénztár, could be used to repay a housing loan in Hungary. A person who uses their HSA to pay for their mortgages could avail of tax refunds on 20% of the amount they deposit. However, the amount a person puts in, particularly to meet housing needs, is limited to the minimum wage for that year or the amount the person has to pay towards the loan. To qualify, a deposit of up to HUF150,000 per annum in HUF-based accounts can be claimed for tax refunds. Couples can qualify for up to HUF300,000 tax refund, however, they will have to do it separately.
- Depositing money in Egészségpénztár, the HSA account in Hungary, could be an option in repaying a housing loan
- Deposited money comes with tax refunds of up to 20%
- Monthly deposits a person can make for the purpose of a housing loan is limited
- A deposit of up to HUF150,000 per annum in HUF-based accounts can be claimed for tax refunds
- Couples can qualify for up to HUF300,000 tax refund but they will have to do it separately.
This summary was created using AI, so there may be some inaccuracies. Always check the original linked article to be sure.