Published: March 24 2023
In Hungary, the number of traffic accidents causing personal injuries has increased by 3.5% compared to 2021 due to the decrease in movement restrictions as a result of the pandemic. Although this number is still 11% lower than 2019, 14732 car accidents have occurred in 2022. Six counties saw a decrease in the number of accidents, but the rest saw worsening traffic safety. Surprisingly, Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén county saw the most significant reduction, while the number of accidents increased the most in Zala county. The highest number of accidents per 10,000 inhabitants occurred in Vas county, followed by Budapest and Heves.
- Hungarian traffic accidents causing personal injuries increased by 3.5% in 2022 compared to 2021 due to the lifting of pandemic-related restrictions
- The number of car accidents causing personal injuries in 2022 was 11% lower than in 2019.
- Six counties saw a reduction in the number of accidents, but the rest saw increased accidents and worsening traffic safety in 2022.
- Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén county had the highest reduction in the number of accidents compared to last year.
- Zala county had the highest increase in accidents in 2022.
- The highest number of accidents per 10,000 inhabitants occurred in Vas county, followed by Budapest and Heves.
This summary was created using AI, so there may be some inaccuracies. Always check the original linked article to be sure.