Published: March 07 2023
Summary: The Hungarian government has set a goal of having half of all tertiary students studying mathematics, engineering, technical and natural sciences (MTMI) by 2030. According to an official in the Ministry of Culture and Innovation, today one in four students study MTMI subjects.
- The Hungarian government is aiming to have half of tertiary students studying MTMI by 2030.
- The country has 11 'elite league universities' and the goal is to have at least one Hungarian university in the top 100 worldwide and three at EU level.
- Hungary aims to be one of the top 10 innovators in the EU, as well.
- In 2021, 126,449 people applied for higher education, an increase of 27%.
- According to official data, only 25% of MTMI students are female currently.
This summary was created using AI, so there may be some inaccuracies. Always check the original linked article to be sure.