Published: March 07 2023
The four Hungarian astronaut candidates have been introduced by the Hungarian Astronaut Foundation which is helping to prepare Astronauts for the upcoming Hunor research mission jointly run by Axiom Space and the Hungarian government in 2024-2025. The four astronauts, Kapu Tibor, Cserényi Gyula, Szakály András, and Dr. Adam Schlegl are among 240 candidates after going through different tests and examinations at the European Space Agency, Semmelweis University, and the Hungarian Energy Institute. They will be tested further at the Hungarian Defense Forces’s Kecskemét airbase.
- The Hungarian Astronaut Foundation has introduced four Hungarian astronaut candidates among which one will participate in the "HUNOR program"
- The "HUNOR program" is a research mission that will be jointly conducted by Axiom Space and the Hungarian government in 2024-2025.
- The mission comprises 30-day research on the ISS.
- The winner of the competition will conduct eight different experiments for Hungarian research teams and will test twelve Hungarian tools during his/her mission.
- The four candidates, Kapu Tibor, Cserényi Gyula, Szakály András and Dr. Adam Schlegl were selected from a total of 240 candidates after various tests at the European Space Agency, Semmelweis University, and the Hungarian Energy Institute.
This summary was created using AI, so there may be some inaccuracies. Always check the original linked article to be sure.