Published: November 16 2023
Budapest is offering an exciting opportunity for residents and visitors to experience the city's autumn beauty with unlimited travel at a very low cost. In this article, we will highlight the details of this special ticket and the additional programs available to celebrate Budapest's birthday.
Unlimited Travel Ticket for Only HUF 150
Starting from 14th November 2023, BudapestGO and other mobile ticketing apps will offer the szüliNAPIjegy (birthDAILYticket) for purchase. With this ticket, you can enjoy unlimited travel within the administrative boundaries of Budapest. The ticket is valid from 00:00 to 23:59 on 17th November, with the flexibility to complete your journey even after the specified time.
Additional Programs for Budapest's Birthday Celebration
To celebrate Budapest's 150th birthday, a range of exciting programs and attractions are being offered to the public. Here are a few highlights:
- Budapest Nagyregény (Budapest Big Novel): Experience a collaborative work by 23 contemporary authors that tells the unique stories of the city. This exhibition will take place in the City Hall courtyard.
- The Budapester Illustrations: View captivating illustrations from The Budapester on posters for the first time. These illustrations, created by 151 Hungarian artists, depict a year and a significant event in Budapest's history from 1873 to the present day.
- Budapest Hősei (Heroes of Budapest): Discover a project that honors the heroes of Budapest through posters. Employees from various companies will select their colleagues whom they consider to be the greatest heroes, and their stories will be shared on the posters.
- Budapest Spas: Enjoy the celebrations with discounted tickets for HUF 150, offered by Budapest Spas cPlc. These tickets will be available from 4th November, but they may have already sold out due to high demand.
- Party Tram: The popular party tram, which was a hit last year, will be back on the 49 tram line to add to the festive atmosphere of Budapest's birthday celebration.
To get more information about these programs and register for some of them, download the ÉnBudapestem (MyBudapest) app. The app provides all the details and updates about the festive weekend.
Don't miss this incredible opportunity to explore Budapest's autumn beauty with unlimited travel for only HUF 150. Take part in the city's birthday celebration and enjoy the various programs and attractions specially organized for this occasion. Download the ÉnBudapestem app to stay updated on all the exciting happenings during this festive weekend.
Questions & Answers
What is the BudapestGO day ticket? The BudapestGO day ticket is a ticket that allows unlimited travel within the administrative boundaries of Budapest on various transportation lines including buses, trams, and metro lines.
When can I purchase the BudapestGO day ticket? The BudapestGO day ticket can be purchased from 14 November 2023 on BudapestGO and other mobile ticketing apps.
When can I use the szüliNAPIjegy (birthDAILYticket)? The szüliNAPIjegy (birthDAILYticket) can be used from 00:00 to 23:59 on 17 November.
What lines are covered by the BudapestGO day ticket? The BudapestGO day ticket is valid on lines 1-99, 101-299, 900-999, M1, M2, M3, M4, H5, H6, H7, H8, H9, D14, specified MÁV-START trains, and designated suburban services of VOLÁNBUSZ.
What special events are happening in Budapest for the 150th anniversary? Budapest is hosting a range of special events to celebrate its 150th anniversary. These include the unveiling of the Budapest Nagyregény (Budapest Big Novel), an exhibition of illustrations from The Budapester, the unveiling of Budapest Hősei (the Heroes of Budapest), and discounted tickets for Budapest Spas. There will also be a party tram on the 49 tram line.
Where can I find information about the festive weekend in Budapest? You can download the ÉnBudapestem (MyBudapest) app, which has all the information you need about the festive weekend in Budapest.
Can I register for some programmes through the ÉnBudapestem app? Yes, some programmes can only be registered for in the ÉnBudapestem app.